Choosing the most SOLID solution for your project- NANOPAVE JSS and MOLECULE JSS
There are many choices for hardscapes and landscape pavements. There is always that fine balance between, cost, quality and aesthetic. Like the old ‘sales’ mantra, ‘pick two of the three’….HA! But in all actuality, it’s as simple as that.
Pavement options have come a long way in a short period of time. It was not long ago that the muddy streets of the wild West were a reality. In the field of hardscape and landscape pavements the options are mainly based on design and functionality. Sometimes the styles have changed, but still the majority of these pavements are natural stone (often flagstone), clay-fired brick and the most popular choice in recent times; concrete pavers. These manufactured paving units were designed to mimic the historic, traditional ‘cobblestones’, yet are more uniform and easier to walk and drive upon. Each of these pavement options offer a functional, long-lasting surface, but we cannot overlook the care, maintenance aspects as well. Aside from the necessary craftsmanship and attention to detail with preparation and installation the puzzle of a successful paving install is only partially complete. You should always PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT!
Even the best sealer and joint stabilizer cannot overcome poor prep and installation.
Don’t do this!
Do this instead. Assure great results by implementing a solid plan.
So, you just invested $$$ on your landscape/hardscape pavement?
Whether you went traditional with a clay-fired brick or flagstone; or decided on a more modern design with a concrete paver or dimensional travertine; the job is not done when the last piece of pavement is set in place. The ICPI as conducted intensive studies regarding the advantages to protecting your concrete pavers with a sealant, in practice and regardless of the pavement, sealing just makes practical sense. Have you ever tried to remove oil, tar, bird droppings, leaves and seeds from trees that have been driven over (my favorite are Olive Trees…HA!)? Well, it’s not easy and it’s really not too fun either. How about uneven fading from sunlight? Tire tracking? Wine and food stains? Come on, now! The risk of not sealing are far outweighed by the benefits of a good quality sealant.
Unsealed pavement often fades and is most noticeable in areas that are shaded
Now, often the biggest ‘wildcard’ for a SOLID pavement installation is the choice of jointing materials. Unless your pavement is set on concrete (i.e. slab-set), where your only practical option is a cement-based grout, there are several choices to choose from…….some work okay, some not so good and others will attain optimal results. But, these aren’t ‘one size fits all’ options. There is often limitations and/or variables that first must be addressed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’ve also see the customer or contractor that felt it unnecessary to do anything but brush a loose sand into the joints, only to deal with wash-outs during rain events or if left unchecked; shifting of pavers which could create structural issues……a perfect example of ‘pay a little now or a lot later’. Maybe it is the adventurous client that wants a grass joint between their paving stones. Do not get me wrong, in the magazines it looks beautiful, but in the real World not so much. I get 4-5 calls a week regarding this exact issue.
A beautiful investment demands solid protection
There are numerous options out there for both sealing and jointing options. There are lacquer sealers , acrylic sealers, siloxane sealers, etc……each has a benefit or two, but each also has limitations. Some yellow and flake under UV, some will cause more staining issues if applied incorrectly, some will help with staining yet require frequent reapplication. From a jointing stabilization perspective, a cement-based grout isn’t ideal for a traditional, sand-set install because it will crack and separate from the pavement over time and is nearly impossible to repair without be awkwardly noticeable. Polymeric sands can work on narrow joints, the same also applies to other liquid Joint Stabilizers- but, like the traditional sealing options we mentioned, there are ‘limitations’.
Nobody like to be hazed by a bad polysand experience! A wet-look sealer may prevent topical stains, but traps efflorescence and sub-surface staining……
What if I told you that TechniSoil offers products that will click all the boxes, avoid the limitations, and offer optimal results? Would that be something you would be interested in? HA! Well, what if I told you that we do? Products that will ‘kill two birds with one stone’ as my Granddad would say…….seal the pavement and stabilize the joints in one process!
What if were to say that NanoPave JSS and MOLECULE JSS work great? Is that something you’d be interested in?
-UV instability -misapplication issues -inconsistent hue/fading
-Inconsistent bonding -Hazing -Mismatched repairs
-Limited joint widths -High cost
*We offer TWO options for a JOINT STABILIZER and SEALER;
*Each offers it’s own unique set of benefits and are designed to meet the needs of almost ANY paving installation
*Easy to apply. Easy to maintain. Cost-effective. Consistent results
Keep your pavement looking GREAT……..Molecule JSS is perfect for driveways!Decomposed granite or an equivalent crushed stone joints? NanoPave JSS can handle that!
NANOPAVE JSS (Natural and Enhanced-Look Formulas)
- Nanopave JSS 2 in 1 Joint Stabilizer/Sealer is similar in application and end results as most topical, water-based sealers
- What sets NanoPave JSS apart from other ‘Water-based Sealers’? NanoPave JSS will ALSO stabilize/harden your paving joints (it’s 2 products in one)
- Also, NanoPave JSS using a ‘nano-polymer’ technology in both the sealant and the stabilization components. Nano means ‘small’. This allows for the polymers to add two additional benefits- a more even and consistent seal for your pavement surface and deeper stabilization in your jointing material- STRONGER and BETTER!
- Does NanoPave JSS work like polymeric sand? YES! NanoPave JSS will solidify the joints just as good, or in most instances, better than polymeric sands. You also have more control over the application, which makes it very easy for repairs or correct installation errors
- Then, what makes NanoPave JSS better than other water-based JSS products? Other JSS products lack our ‘nano-technology’ and are usually limited to narrow joints (less than 1”), which also limits paving options, such as flagstone/natural stone
- OK, then what about polymeric stone dust? It can be used in wider joints, what makes NanoPave JSS a better option? Cost is the main consideration. The wider the joint, the more the savings using NanoPave JSS. For instances, a 2” wide flagstone joint NanoPave JSS will save the customer upwards of 30% when compared to the bagged polymeric options
- Also, Nanopave JSS is easy-to-use, avoid any chance of polymeric hazing, control over application consistency…….and NanoPave JSS-treated joints are easy to repair and maintain
- Up to 4” wide joints! That’s what sets NanoPave JSS apart from the other liquid JSS products. So, flagstone and wide paving joints are more than suitable.
- What if the joints are wider than 4”? Well, then ‘technically’ it isn’t a joint anymore, but more of the paving surface. The fact is if you can fit your foot into the ‘joint’ it will receive a lot more wear and tear.
- So, can I still use NanoPave JSS on areas wider than 4”? YES! We have customer use NanoPave JSS on these large gaps all the time. Just use a ‘hand-tamper’, trowel, block of wood to help compact and densify these areas. Just understand that these wider areas will require a bit more TLC than a standard joint. If these areas are wide enough to accommodate a vibratory-plate compactor….use G3 Pathway Stabilizer
- Although cost savings, ease of use and wider joint options are what sets NanoPave JSS apart from other products; NanoPave JSS can be used in ANY application that a standard Polysand or JSS product is suitable- Yes, even DRIVEWAYS and motor-trafficked pavements.
- NanoPave is available in ‘Natural look’ and ‘Enhanced look’ options
Loose stone joints can easily become a mess! STABILIZE and reduce maintenance!
- What are the benefits of a product like MOLECULE JSS? The MOLECULE line of sealant products are like no other hardscape sealant on the market. It’s like a Siloxane or ‘countertop’ sealer, but is suitable and durable for HARDSCAPE applications.
- MOLECULE DS (Driveway Sealer) was initially designed to alleviate ‘hot tire-tracking’ and staining on driveways and motor courts. Think of MOLECULE as a Gore-Tex for your pavement; blocking out the bad stuff, but still breathable. Inhibiting water, oil and chemical-based staining!
- MOLECULE JSS was developed soon thereafter to fit the needs of customers that wanted the extra ‘stain protection of the DS product, but also needed to stabilize their jointing sand
- So, what is the difference between NaoPave and Molecule JSS? The main thing that sets MOLECULE JSS apart is the sealant technology aspect. Any project where staining and wear and tear-related issues are a concern, use MOLECULE JSS
- MOLECULE JSS is a perfect fit for; Driveways, Motor Courts, Outdoor kitchen/dining, Restaurants, Public Parks, Sport Courts……actually ANYWHERE that is susceptible to heavy use and staining concerns
- Will MOLECULE JSS work on wide joints? NO. Since MOLECULE JSS is primarily used on concrete pavers or tight-jointed pavement systems (to accommodate vehicular traffic or outdoor dining) the largest recommended joint width is 3/8”………For wider joints use NANOPAVE JSS!
- Is MOLECULE offered with an ‘Enhanced-finish’? NO…..As a water-beading, ‘penetrating sealer’ it doesn’t create a film like water-based sealers or isn’t putting an epoxy/lacquer ‘glaze’ on the surface of the pavement.
- Film-forming sealants can be susceptible to staining if improperly applied. Also, ‘wet-look’ sealers (usually epoxy, Xylene or lacquer based) are not UV-stable and will yellow, crack and peel over time.
- Although MOLECULE Products are only offered in a ‘Natural look’, matte finish, it will help maintain the pavements initial vibrancy
- MOLECULE Products will also protect your pavement from wear patterns and fading from UV, rain and other weather-issues
- MOLECULE HARDSCAPE SHAMPOO can be used as a ‘maintenance’ step to clean, and revitalize your MOLECULE-treated (or even old and untreated) pavements
- What about vertical surfaces like; Natural stone, CMU, Architectural block, etc? MOLECULE VMS! The same benefits! No staining from sprinklers/irrigation!
Spills and accidents are bound to happen……..Stains can be avoided! Food, chemical and oil based stains can be a thing of the past………simply use…..
Don’t jeopardize your project!
Don’t second guess maintaining your investment!
Both NanoPave JSS and Molecule JSS are easy to use and can be applied with a standard pressurized sprayer.
Still unsure of which product is right for your project? Contact a Technical Support Representative and they will assure you attain optimal results!TAGS: #CONCRETE PAVERS, #HARDSCAPE, #HARDSCAPE CONTRACTOR, #LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR, #MOLECULE JSS, #NANOPAVE JSS, #PROTECTANT, #SEALANT, #SEALER, #STABILIZER, #STAIN FREE, #STAIN RESISTANT