LIQUID WEED FABRIC (LWF)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is recommended for application:
- Safety glasses
Coverage Rates for LIQUID WEED FABRIC
- Apply a single-coat of LWF @ a rate of 25sf./ gallon (1.63 m2/ litre) to native soil/in-situ landscape
- Handheld or backpack pump sprayer (25-45 PSI/ 1.7-2.75 bar)
Suitable Applications / Materials
- Under wood or stone mulch/groundcover
- Native soil
- Under decorative rock or decomposed granite
- Under artificial turf
- Any area where weeds abatement is needed!
Top Tips for LIQUID WEED FABRIC
- Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF] should be installed within an ambient and surface temperature range of 40°- 90° F (4.4-32.2 C). Shaded, low sunlight, or colder areas will lengthen cure times. Conversely, direct sun, warmer areas will shorten cure times. Avoid temperatures at or below freezing or above 100° F (0-38 C) for application, curing phase, or storage.
- Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF] is a water-based, polymeric binding agent. The curing phase is dependent upon complete evaporation of the water component (usually 4-12 hours in optimal) daytime conditions).
- Always consult manufacturer coverage rate guidelines, or contact our Technical Support desk by phone 877-356-2250, or by email Info@TechniSoil.com.
- Do not apply Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF] within a minimum of 24 hours before or after rainfall. In excessively wet conditions, allow project area to dry completely before application.
- For optimal results, clean surface of any existing weeds or debris before application. Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF] often only requires one-coat for full efficacy, however spot treating any areas that develop weeds may be required
- Always perform a test section using recommended installation methods to confirm suitability of materials and project conditions!
- Remove all existing weeds and debris before applying Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF].
- Do not apply in wet conditions. Plan a minimum 24 hour time window free of rainfall for application and curing phase.
- Keep project area free from any moisture such as rain or irrigation sprinklers, vehicular traffic, or otherwise until fully cured (12-24 hours in optimal daytime conditions).
Installation of Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF]
- For best results, thoroughly remove any debris or existing weeds before applying Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF].
- Mask or shield any adjacent solid surfaces (concrete, wood, stone, etc) in case of overspray or accidental application.
- Pour contents of Liquid Weed Fabric bottle into a 1-5 gallon (3.8-19 litre) capacity handheld or backpack pump sprayer.
- Carefully plan the application process to evenly apply the product at 25sf/ gallon and allow to fully cure
Cure Times for Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF]
Keep treated project areas free of any moisture such as rain or irrigation sprinklers, foot traffic, or otherwise until fully cured (usually 12-24 hours in optimal conditions).
- Clean all tools immediately after use by simply rinsing tools with water and a soft bristle brush. In case of accidental sealer spill onto tools, equipment, or adjacent surfaces, clean immediately with soap and water as needed.
- For dried sealer, use a 1:1 acetone / water mixture and a brush to scrub affected areas.
- Use caution, acetone will remove paint from surfaces.
Storage of Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF]
Store unused Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF] with lid secured indoors and out of direct sunlight in a temperature range of 40°-90° F (4.4-32.2 C). Do not allow material to freeze
- For periodic maintenance of surfaces treated with Liquid Weed Fabric [LWF], a maintenance coat and or ‘spot treatment’ can be applied as needed, usually 6-24 months after initial application
TechniSoil Global, Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects. Where permitted by law, TechniSoil makes no other warranties with respect to this product, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. The purchaser shall be responsible to orchestrate their own tests to determine the suitability of this product for their particular purpose. TechniSoil’s liability shall be limited in all events to supplying sufficient product to re-treat the specific areas to which product proven to be defective has been applied. Acceptance and use of this product absolves TechniSoil from any other liability, from any and all sources, including liability for incidental, consequential or resultant damages whether due to breach of warranty, negligence or strict liability. This warranty may not be modified or extended by representatives of TechniSoil, its distributors or dealers, independent contractors, clients or end-users of any kind.