GROUND COVER STABILIZER
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is recommended for application:
- Safety glasses
Coverage Rates for GROUND COVER STABILIZER
- Apply a single-coat of GCS @ a rate of 25sf./ gallon (1.63 m2/ litre) to natural/Xeriscape groundcover
- Handheld or backpack pump sprayer (25-45 PSI/ 1.7-2.75 bar)
Suitable Applications / Materials
- Stone mulch/ Groundcover
- Natural/Xeriscape landscape
- Decomposed granite and Crushed Stone Mixes
- Anyplace where ground cover needs to be stabilized!
Top Tips for GROUND COVER STABILIZER
- Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS] should be installed within an ambient and surface temperature range of 40°- 90° F (4.4-32.2 C). Shaded, low sunlight, or colder areas will lengthen cure times. Conversely, direct sun, warmer areas will shorten cure times. Avoid temperatures at or below freezing or above 100° F (0-38 C) for application, curing phase, or storage.
- Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS] is a water-based, polymeric binding agent. The curing phase is dependent upon complete evaporation of the water component (usually 4-12 hours in optimal) daytime conditions).
- Always consult manufacturer coverage rate guidelines, or contact our Technical Support desk by phone 877-356-2250, or by email Info@TechniSoil.com.
- Do not apply Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS]within a minimum of 24 hours before or after rainfall. In excessively wet conditions, allow project area to dry completely before application.
- For optimal results, clean surface of any existing weeds or debris before application. Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS] often only requires one-coat for full efficacy, however spot treating any areas that develop weeds may be required
- Always perform a test section using recommended installation methods to confirm suitability of materials and project conditions!
- Remove all existing weeds and debris before applying Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS].
- Do not apply in wet conditions. Plan a minimum 24 hour time window free of rainfall for application and curing phase.
- Keep project area free from any moisture such as rain or irrigation sprinklers, vehicular traffic, or otherwise until fully cured (12-24 hours in optimal daytime conditions).
Installation of GROUND COVER STABILIZER
- For best results, thoroughly remove any debris or existing weeds before applying Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS].
- Mask or shield any adjacent solid surfaces (concrete, wood, stone, etc) in case of overspray or accidental application.
- Pour contents of Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS] bottle into a 1-5 gallon (3.8-19 litre) capacity handheld or backpack pump sprayer.
- Carefully plan application process to evenly apply the product at 25sf/ gallon and allow to fully cure
Cure Times for GROUND COVER STABILIZER
Keep treated project areas free of any moisture such as rain or irrigation sprinklers, foot traffic, or otherwise until fully cured (usually 12-24 hours in optimal conditions).
- Clean all tools immediately after use by simply rinsing tools with water and a soft bristle brush. In case of accidental sealer spill onto tools, equipment, or adjacent surfaces, clean immediately with soap and water as needed.
- For dried sealer, use a 1:1 acetone / water mixture and a brush to scrub affected areas. Use caution, acetone will remove paint from surfaces.
Storage of GROUND COVER STABILIZER
Store unused Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS] with lid secured indoors and out of direct sunlight in a temperature range of 40°-90° F (4.4-32.2 C). Do not allow material to freeze
- For periodic maintenance of surfaces treated with Ground Cover Stabilizer [GCS], a maintenance coat and or ‘spot treatment’ can be applied as needed, usually 6-24 months after initial application
TechniSoil Global, Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects. Where permitted by law, TechniSoil makes no other warranties with respect to this product, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. The purchaser shall be responsible to orchestrate their own tests to determine the suitability of this product for their particular purpose. TechniSoil’s liability shall be limited in all events to supplying sufficient product to re-treat the specific areas to which product proven to be defective has been applied. Acceptance and use of this product absolves TechniSoil from any other liability, from any and all sources, including liability for incidental, consequential or resultant damages whether due to breach of warranty, negligence or strict liability. This warranty may not be modified or extended by representatives of TechniSoil, its distributors or dealers, independent contractors, clients or end-users of any kind.