- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is recommended for application:
- Safety glasses
Coverage Rates for BARKBINDER
125 Ft2 Per Gallon Concentrate (3 m2/ litre) or 25 Ft2 Per Gallon (.6 m2/ litre) of diluted BarkBinder
- Pressurized sprayer (25 – 40 PSI/ 1.7-2.75 bar)
Suitable Applications / Materials
BarkBinder® is best suited for use on mulch or bark with small (¼”/ 6.35 mm) to medium (2″/ 5 cm) shredded substrates such as:
- Fibrous, Shredded Mulch or Bark
- Ground Cover Mulch
- Pine Straw
Do not use BarkBinder® with the following:
- Chunk bark nuggets
- Wood chips
- Synthetic bark
Top Tips for BARKBINDER
- BarkBinder (BB) is best suited for use on mulch or bark with small to medium (1/4 – 2″/ 6.35 mm-5 cm) substrates such as fibrous, shredded mulch or bark ground cover, and pine straw.
- DO NOT USE WITH: bark nuggets, wood chips, or synthetic mulch.
- For optimal results, mix BB concentrate at a 4:1 ratio with water.
- BB must be installed when the temperature is 55° F (12.7 C) and rising. Avoid temperatures below freezing or above 90° F (32.2 C) for any phase of BB installation, cure, or storage.
- AVOID WET CONDITIONS! Consider complimentary weather conditions before, during, and after application. Do not install BB 48 hours before or after rainfall. Bark and mulch should be dry during installation to ensure maximum bond strength.
ALWAYS PERfORM A TEST SECTION USING THE RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION METHODS TO CONFIRM SUITABILITY OF MATERIALS & PROJECT CONDITIONS.
- For optimal results, mix BarkBinder® concentrate at a 4 : 1 ratio with water.
- Example: 1 gallon (3.8 litre) of BarkBinder® mixed with 4 gallons of water will yield 5 gallons (19 litre) of diluted solution for recommended application scenarios 1 gallon (1 litre) of BarkBinder®mixed with 4 gallons (4 litre) of water will yield 5 litres of diluted solution.
- BarkBinder® diluted solution is easliy applied using a standard 1 – 5 gallon (3.8-19 litre) capacity low-pressure, pump sprayer.
- For larger applications, electric, high-capacity sprayers may be used.
- Apply BarkBinder® diluted solution at a rate of 25ft2/gallon (.6 m2/ litre).
- Consider complimentary weather conditions before, during, and after any BarkBinder® application
- Do not install BarkBinder® less than 48 hours before or after rainfall.
- BarkBinder® should only be installed when the
- outside temperature is 55° F (12.7 C) and rising.
- Avoid temperatures below 55° or above 90° F (12.7-32.2 C) for any phase of BarkBinder® installation or storage.
- To ensure proper absorption and maximum bond strength, delay any irrigation systems and ensure bark and mulch remain dry during both installation and curing phases.
- It is recommended to map out the square footage when spraying to ensure proper application rate.
- Avoid spraying directly onto trees, plants, shrubs, or other ground cover materials.
- Use water to clean application equipment as needed.
Installation of BARKBINDER
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is recommended:
- Safety glasses
- Apply BarkBinder® diluted solution at a rate of approximately 25ft2/per gallon.
- Avoid unnecessary foot traffic on treated areas until fully cured (usually 24-72 hours).
Cure Times for BARKBINDER
Avoid unnecessary foot traffic on treated areas until fully cured (usually 24-72 hours).
Use water to clean application equipment as needed
Storage of BARKBINDER
Store BarkBinder® out of direct sunlight in areas with a temperature range of 55°-90° F (12.7-32.2C).
- Treated areas should withstand normal conditions for 12-24 months before a maintenance coat is needed.
- If a maintenance coat is needed, mix BarkBinder® at the standard 4:1 ratio and apply at a rate of 50ft2/gallon (1.2 m2/ litre).
TechniSoil Global, Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects. Where permitted by law, TechniSoil makes no other warranties with respect to this product, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. The purchaser shall be responsible to orchestrate their own tests to determine the suitability of this product for their particular purpose. TechniSoil’s liability shall be limited in all events to supplying sufficient product to re-treat the specific areas to which product proven to be defective has been applied. Acceptance and use of this product absolves TechniSoil from any other liability, from any and all sources, including liability for incidental, consequential or resultant damages whether due to breach of warranty, negligence or strict liability. This warranty may not be modified or extended by representatives of TechniSoil, its distributors or dealers, independent contractors, clients or end-users of any kind.