G3 - Commercial Surface
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is recommended for mixing and application
• Safety glasses
Coverage Rates for G3 - Commercial Surface
G3-CS will cover 10ft²/gallon (.25 m2/ litre) on average using three applications
• 1st application will require 20ft²/gallon (.5 m2/ litre) to fully saturate
aggregate before compaction.
• 2nd application will require 30ft²/gallon (.73 m2/ litre) as a topcoat.
• 3rd application requires 40ft²/gallon (.98 m2/ litre)as a final topcoat.
Recommended Installation Rates:
20ft2 per gallon (.5 m2/ litre) pour-in (pre-compaction)
30ft2 per gallon (.73 m2/ litre)Topcoat (post-compaction)
40ft2 per gallon (.98 m2/ litre Topcoat (post-compaction
Total Coverage 10ft2 per gallon (.25 m2/ litre)
• Shovel, pick, digging equipment
• Bow rake and/or grade rake
• Shower head watering can or pressurized sprayer
• Masonry trowel
• Vibratory plate compactor
• Hand tamper
• Additional tools may be required for edge restraints
Suitable Applications / Materials
G3-CS works best with 3/8” minus to 1/2” (1-1.25cm) minus crushed stone
mixes, including but not limited to decomposed granite (DG),
crushed limestone, & granite screenings.
A linear gradation of angular crushed rocks to fines without
any dirt, clay, or sand is strongly recommended.
with a moisture content of less than 3% are recommended.
Top 5 Tips for G3 - Commercial Surface
Always perform a test section to confirm suitability of materials & project conditions!
TechniSoil G3® installation and curing phases require an ambient and surface temperature range of 55º-90º F (12.7-32.2 C). Shaded, low sunlight, or colder areas will lengthen cure times. Conversely, direct sun, warmer areas will shorten cure times. Avoid temperatures at or below freezing (0 C) or above 100º F (38 C) for TechniSoil G3 curing phase or storage.
TechniSoil G3® is a water-based polymer formulation. The curing phase is dependent upon complete evaporation of the water component (usually 24-72 hours in optimal conditions).
AVOID WET CONDITIONS! Do not install TechniSoil G3® 48-72 hours before or after rainfall. In excessively wet conditions, allow surface materials and project area to dry.
Always crown or slope finished grade of a TechniSoil G3® project to allow for sufficient drainage, runoff, and ground water levels. Wet conditions will affect the surface material rigidity. Do not use weed fabric as an underlayment.
A 2-4" (5-10 cm) subbase layer and 1.5-2" (3.8-5 cm) surface material layer compacted to 95% or greater is critical. DO not compact surface material layer before technisoil g3® application
Always consider proper slope and finished grade of a G3 project to allow for proper drainage and runoff, as well as ease of use with adjacent structures or landscaping. Avoid any low spots and running water (channeling or lateral), which can easily destabilize or erode the G3-treated surface.
• For light weight paths and patios, use marker paint to outline the project areas.
• Calculate the square footage of the project area to determine material quantities needed for all aspects of the project.
• Consider methods for excavation and removal of native soil or existing structures, as well as transportation, delivery, and installation of new materials.
• Excavate project area accordingly. Considering the subbase layer and crushed stone mix layer, it is recommended to excavate the subgrade approximately 4-6” (10-15 cm) below finish grade.
• Weed or landscape fabric is not recommended, as it can trap moisture below the surface layer.
• Use vibratory plate compactor to compact native subgrade as needed for adequate compaction.
• Edge restraints are recommended for best results, optimal stability, and can greatly reduce degradation of edges caused by foot traffic or otherwise.
• Edge restraints should not be higher than surface layer finish grade.
• If project does not call for installation of edge restraints, proper compaction of edges is required, typically using a hand tamp.
• Some common examples of edge restraints used in this capacity are;
• Concrete landscape curbing
• Bender board
• Plastic or aluminum edging
• Pressure treated lumber
• Be sure to consider proper slope when constructing subbase to allow for proper water runoff. Do not slope a surface towards structures like houses, sheds, pools, or otherwise without considering proper drainage channels or runoff issues.
• Subgrade should consist of at least 2-4” (5-10 cm) of compacted 3/8-3/4” (1-1.9 cm) minus structural base rock or adequate crushed stone mix for subgrade construction to provide optimal load bearing support for the G3 stabilized layer.
• Use vibratory plate compactor to compact subgrade 3-4 passes, or as needed for adequate compaction. If subbase material is dry, a light amount or water may be needed for proper compaction.
Install crushed stone mix layer per Section III above (Material Selection Recommendations).
• Install up to 2” (5 cm) of qualified crushed stone mix material and grade consistently into place using a rake and/or screed. Installing more than a 2” (5 cm) depth of surface layer material can ultimately reduce load bearing strength.
DO NOT COMPACT material before G3 has been applied! For best results and proper absorption of G3 the crushed stone mix material should only be graded into place before pouring liquid stabilizer in.
• The material should be graded approximately 1/2” - 3/4” (1.25-1.9 cm) above the planned finish grade to allow for proper compaction. Typically, a crushed stone mix will reduce by 30% of its overall graded height after compaction. Considering this, 2” (5 cm) of material will compact to a final depth of approximately 1.5” (3.8 cm).
• Consider slope during installation of material. Proper finished grade slope or crowning of the surface will ensure adequate runoff for drainage purposes.
Installation of G3 - Commercial Surface
Apply TechniSoil G3-CS
• Apply G3-CS to graded material at a rate of
20ft²/gallon (.5sm/ L) using a standard watering can with
shower head or a pressurized hand-held or backpack
sprayer. For larger applications, electric, high-capacity
sprayers may be used.
• Allow 45-90 minutes for G3-CS to fully absorb into
the aggregate. Cool, overcast weather and/or shading
can increase absorption time. If after 90 minutes the
surface is still saturated or appears muddy, wait an
additional 15-30 minutes to allow G3-CS to fully
absorb before compaction.
• Proper compaction may not be achieved if material is
too saturated and can create aesthetic blemishes.
• Do not allow G3-PS liquid to completely dry before
compacting, as this will adversely affect the overall
structural and cross-linking strength.
• After G3-CS is fully absorbed into material,compact
surface layer to 95% or greater compaction using a
vibratory plate compactor (typically 3-4 longitudinal
• Use a hand tamper in areas that cannot be reached by
the plate compactor.
• If the surface looks smeared or sticks to the bottom
of the compactor, wait an additional 20-30 minutes
before attempting to compact.
• If cosmetic repairs are required, use a hand tamp
and/or common masonry trowel to make adjustments
Apply first TechniSoil G3-CS Topcoat
• Apply the first topcoat 12-24 hours after the initial
application or once the surface has completely dried,
at a rate of 30ft²/gallon (.73 m2/ litre).
Apply second TechniSoil G3-CS Topcoat
• Apply the second topcoat 12-24 hours after the first
topcoat or once the surface has completely dried at a
rate of 40ft²/gallon (.98 m2/ litre).
• Surface is completely dry and ready to use when it is
hard to the touch.
• Allow 24-72 hours to fully cure.
Before treating an existing project, carefully consider the following;
• Surface layer material gradation, compaction, depth,
• Subbase construction
• Edge restraint construction
• Previous modifications of surface layer materials
If assessment of the previously stated variables coincides with
our ‘New Project’ guidelines, then proceed to next step
• If assessment reveals issues that may adversely affect
the success rate of installation, then it is recommended
to renovate the project accordingly.
• Scarify upper 1-1.5” (2.5-3.8 cm) of surface using a tiller or rake.
Surface layer material should be broken apart as close
to its original gradation as possible. Clumped materials
or improper separation can result in poor stabilization
• Amend surface layer material with additional material
as needed to achieve proper slope, grade, crown, and/
or height. DO NOT COMPACT.
• Refer to recommended application guidelines.
Cure Times for G3 - Commercial Surface
The curing phase is dependent upon complete evaporation of the water component (usually 24-72 hours in optimal conditions).
Immediately after use, clean tools by simply rinsing
tools with water and a soft bristle brush.
Storage of G3 - Commercial Surface
Store G3-CS out of direct sunlight in areas with a temperature
range of 40º-90º F (4.4-32.2 C).
Treated areas should withstand normal conditions for 12-24
months before a maintenance coat is needed.
To rejuvenate and increase the life-span of the surface apply a
maintenance coat at approximately 50ft²/gallon (1.22 m2/ litre).
If surface has been damaged, make any repairs to the surface
before applying a maintenance coat.
To repair a section of G3-CS, place the appropriate amount of
crushed stone in a 5-gallon (19-litre) bucket and add enough G3-CS to
make a consistent mixture of aggregate chips and stone dust.
Mix aggregate and G3-CS with a dowel or mixing wand and apply
the mixture to the repair area using a masonry trowel or
equivalent (i.e. like a pothole repair). Smooth the material to grade. Use a hand tamper
to compact into place.
TechniSoil Global, Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects. Where permitted by law, TechniSoil makes no other warranties with respect to this product, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. The purchaser shall be responsible to orchestrate their own tests to determine the suitability of this product for their particular purpose. TechniSoil's liability shall be limited in all events to supplying sufficient product to re-treat the specific areas to which product proven to be defective has been applied. Acceptance and use of this product absolves TechniSoil from any other liability, from any and all sources, including liability for incidental, consequential or resultant damages whether due to breach of warranty, negligence or strict liability. This warranty may not be modified or extended by representatives of TechniSoil, its distributors or dealers, independent contractors, clients or end-users of any kind.